What are the instructions for checking the response of pressure sensors on a 5500sc or 961Xsc?
Step by step instructions for checking to see if the sample pressure sensors are working on a 5500sc or 961Xsc.
Follow these steps to check sample pressure sensors on a 5500sc or 961Xsc:
- Remove the interconnect Circuit Board Cover in the back of the upper cabinet so that the two sample pressure sensors and one reagent air pressure sensor are exposed with their connecting tubes.
View A, Interconnect Board showing pressure sensors
- There are two identical sensors at the bottom of the IC board with tubing guards and a third one to the right of these which is used for reagent air pressure.
- The pressure sensor to the far left is for Sample Press 1, and the one in the center is for Sample pressure 2.
- By going into the menu and selecting VIEW DATA>ANALYZER DATA the current pressure can be monitored.
View B, ANALYZER DATA screen
- By creasing and then compressing the flexible tube that goes to each pressure sensor you can easily fluctuate the pressure reading by several PSI in order to see if the sensors are responding.
View C, Crease and compress flexible tubing as shown
- If the pressure does not change and stays at zero or 11.09 psi then the sensor is damaged and the interconnect board will require replacement.
- An explanation of how the two pressure sensors work and how flow is calculated for the analyzer can be found here: How does the 5500 sc Silica or Phosphate measure the flow rate into the analyzer?