What are the recommended parts to order to perform maintenance on a Radiometer Titrator?
List of available parts for replacement burette and tubing options for radiometer titrators with instructions to identify which parts would be needed depending on set up. For use with the Radiometer TIM840, TIM845, TIM865, TIM854, TIM856, TIM870, TIM960, TIM965, TIM980, TIM580, TIM585.
The burette and tubing on radiometer titrators are recommended to be replaced once per year for preventative maintenance and to ensure quality though use. In some cases, tubing may leak or become damaged and may need to be repalaced before a year has passed since the last replacement. So, it is possible that the tubing may need to be replaced more often than the burette. Use the tables and descriptions below to Identify what parts would need to be ordered to replace the tubing and burette for a radiometer titration system.
- Burettes are available in several different configurations depending on volume, titrator they are used with, and in some cases with the application that they are used for. All burettes include the connector tubing which connects the burette to the stopcock/valve.
- Burettes used on the TIM8xx titrators (e.g. TIM865, TIM840, TIM580, etc.) are called B5xx burettes (for example, model # of the 25 ml burette is B525). These burettes cannot be rebuilt or repaired. The entire “burette stand” would need to be replaced. See attached D26T016
- Burettes used on the TIM9xx titrators (e.g. TIM965, TIM980, etc.) are called B6xx burettes (for example, model # of the 25 ml detachable burette is B625). These have the stopcock/valve assembly mounted on the top of the burette. This is the reason they have a higher cost per unit compared to the B5xx burettes. Because of this, a maintenance kit is available to replace the piston and glass cylinder (as well as the tubing). See lower section for "Not Replacing Burette" for these maintenance kits. See attached D26T040.
- The B6xx repair kits will not work with the B5xx burettes.
- Burettes designated as “HR” are burettes that use “highly resistant” o-rings (Kalrez®). They are typically only needed for applications that use a titrant that requires this chemical resistance. Most commonly this is the Total Base Number (TBN) applications, as the titrant for this method will cause the standard (Viton®) o-rings to expand and the burette will warp or even come apart.
- Taking the piston and glass cylinder apart should never be done (on either B5xx or B6xx burettes). Burettes are likely to start leaking if that is done and will need to be replaced. These two components are assembled at the factory using a specific tool to ensure they are aligned correctly, are not damaged, and will not leak.
|Product #||Model #||Description|
|X51T025||B501||Burette Stand, 1 ml, red cover with connection tubing|
|X51T026||B505||Burette Stand, 5 ml, red cover with connection tubing|
|X51T017||B510||Burette Stand, 10 ml, red cover with connection tubing|
|X51T027||B525||Burette Stand, 25 ml, red cover with connection tubing|
|X51T028||B550||Burette Stand, 50 ml, red cover with connection tubing|
|X51T056||B505, HR||Burette Stand, HR, 5 ml, red cover with connection tubing|
|X51T050||B510, HR||Burette Stand, HR, 10 ml, red cover with connection tubing|
|X51T051||B525, HR||Burette Stand, HR, 25 ml, red cover with connection tubing|
|X51T057||B550, HR||Burette Stand, HR, 50 ml, red cover with connection tubing|
|X51T034||B601||Detachable Burette Stand, 1 ml, with accessories|
|X51T035||B605||Detachable Burette Stand, 5 ml, with accessories|
|X51T036||B610||Detachable Burette Stand, 10 ml, with accessories|
|X51T037||B625||Detachable Burette Stand, 25 ml, with accessories|
|X51T038||B650||Detachable Burette Stand, 50 ml, with accessories|
|X51T052||B610, HR||Detachable Burette Stand, HR, 10 ml, with accessories|
|X51T053||B625, HR||Detachable Burette Stand, HR, 25 ml, with accessories|
- There are multiple delivery tubing options depending on if the titrator is being used stand alone or with a sample changer including the SAC80/90/850/950 or the ABU52.
- The differences between these delivery tubing options is in the length of the tubing. The sample changers and ABU52 require a longer length of tubing then when the titrator is being used stand alone.
- The 1 mL burettes (such as the B501 and B601) use tubing with a smaller inner diameter and therefore require separate tubing.
- Most tubing includes the anti-diffusion tip, except for the longer tubing for use with the sample changers. For those the Anti-Diffusion tip would need to be purchased separately.
- Below in the description the tubing length is noted in parenthesis.
|X31T069||Delivery tubing with anti-diffusion tip (45cm)|
|X31T109||Delivery tubing with anti-diffusion tip for use with 1 mL burette (B501 or B601) (45 cm)|
|X31T114||Delivery tubing with anti-diffusion tip for use with ABU52 (90 cm)|
|842-152||Delivery tubing long for use with SAC80 sample changer (Does not include anti-diffusion tip) (1.6 m)|
|842-302||Delivery tubing long for use with a SAC850/950/90 sample changer (Does not include anti-diffusion tip ) (3.25 m)|
- Suction tubing is also commonly referred to as titrant-pickup tubing.
- The default tubing includes a standard GL45 stopper for titrant bottles and a desiccant tube. Alternative stoppers are available, they do not include the suction tubing.
- There are only two variants, one is the standard and the other is only used with 1 mL burettes because of the smaller inner diameter (including the B501 and B601).
|X31T070||Standard suction tubing with GL45 stopper and desiccant tube|
|X31T110||Suction tubing with GL45 stopper and desiccant tube for use with 1ml burette (B501 or B601)|
Not Replacing Burette:
- This section should only be used if the complete burette stand is not being replaced.
- In this section are the maintenance kits for the B6xx detachable burettes which include the Piston and Glass Cylinder preassembled as well as the suction and delivery tubing (which is the standard 45 cm length and do not include the anti-diffusion tips.) See attached D26T034.
- The B6xx maintenancekits cannot be used with the B5xx burette stands.
- The other maintenance kits in this section include the suction, connection, and delivery tubing (which is the standard 45 cm length and do not include the anti-diffusion tips.)
- If any of the sample changers or the ABU52 are being used, the required delivery tubing would need to be purchased separately and are not included in any of the maintenance kits.
- Maintenance kits designated as “HR” are burettes that use “highly resistant” o-rings (Kalrez®). They are typically only needed for applications that use a titrant that requires this chemical resistance. Most commonly this is the Total Base Number (TBN) applications, as the titrant for this method will cause the standard (Viton®) o-rings to expand and the burette will warp or even come apart.
|X51T039||B601 Maintenace Kit|
|X51T040||B605 Maintenace Kit|
|X51T041||B610 Maintenace Kit|
|X51T042||B625 Maintenace Kit|
|X51T043||B650 Maintenace Kit|
|X51T054||B610, HR Maintenace Kit|
|X51T055||B625, HR Maintenace Kit|
|X31T115||Maintenance kit includes the suction tubing, connection tubing, and 45 cm delivery tubing (Does not include anti-diffusion tip)|
|X31T116||Maintenance kit includes the suction tubing, connection tubing, and 45 cm delivery tubing for use with 1 mL burette (B501 or B601) (Does not include anti-diffusion tip)|