How do you take a diagnostic reading using the Flo-Dar with the FL900 in FSData Desktop?
How to take a diagnostic reading using the Flo-Dar with the FL900 in FSData Desktop.
- Open FSData Desktop and connect to the FL900 Logger.
- When you connect to the FL900, there is a tall, narrow section at the far right called "FL900 Status." There are two buttons there at the top.
- Current Status
- Click on the "Diagnostics" button.
- At the top right there is a box labeled "Sensor."
- If you only have one sensor, it will be in the box
- If you have two sensors, make sure that the sensor you want to take a sample with is in the box. If it is not, click on the triangle on the right and select the sensor you want.
- If your sensor is not listed:
- Check the cable connections.
- If that doesn't help, reboot the FL900 Logger.
- If that doesn't help, reflash the firmware on the FL900 Logger.
- If that doesn't help either the FL900 or the FLO-DAR is not working.
- Below "Sensor" is the "Take Measurement" button. Click on it.
- When you click on it, the button will grey out.
- At the far bottom, left you will see a message that says "Waiting for sensor data…XX", where XX is the number of seconds since the reading started.
- A reading typically takes about 50 seconds, but can sometimes take longer.
- When the reading is finished the data will be displayed below the "Take Measurement" button.
- At the bottom there will be the velocity graph.
- To see an enlarged version of the graph with the sensor data displayed, click on the square button to the right of the "Take Measurement" button