What is the NOL programming parameter for the Flo-Dar with the FL900?
Understanding the NOL programming parameter for the Flo-Dar with the FL900
- NOL stands for Number of Levels.
- NOL is related to the velocity measurement only. It’s purpose is to weed out bad velocity readings.
- If a bad velocity reading is obtained (meaning Vel is set to 0), an algorithm will take the last good [Level, Velocity] reading and create a new velocity reading.
- If we have (L1, V1) and (L2, V2) where V2 was defaulted to 0, then the new reading V2 = (L2/L1)*V1.
- NOL is the number of times this will be done. If NOL=5, then it will do this 5 times. After that, the velocity will be set to 0.