How do you check that the FL900 is calling in correctly?
Verifying that the FL900 is calling the FSData Online Server correctly using FSData Desktop.
- After you have connected to the FL900, click on the “Communications” button at the top (between “General Settings” and “Sensors.”
- Below “SMS Service Center,” is a button that says “Modem Diagnostics.” Click on it.
- A page will come up. At the bottom right is a button that says, “Call Server.” Click on it. This initiates a call to the Server. A call takes 60-120 seconds.
- This is called a “Tamper Call.”
- The status of the call will be followed with items such as: Starting call to server, Initializing modem, connecting to the internet, etc. The last item will be “Call successful” or “Call failed.”
- If the call failed, see one of the following
- If the call is successful, it is recommended that you set the Primary Call Interval to 5 minutes and wait for the FL900 to make a call successfully. Sometimes, the FL900 will make a successful Tamper Call, but fail to make a regular call.
- If the Call is successful, change the Primary Call Interval back to the value you desire. You are finished.
- If the regular call fails, see item 5 above.