Output options for the FL1500 include two (basic model) or three (advanced model) 0/4–20 mA outputs (0/4–20 mA current loop; external loop power 18 VDC maximum or internal loop power 14 VDC minimum, 18 VDC maximum; loop burden 3.6 V maximum at 25 mA).
Maximum cable length depends on several factors including:
* The loop power supply voltage. The customer may choose to use the FL1500 internal (specified as 14V minimum) or an external (specified as 18V maximum) power supply.
* Wire gage of the “loop” cable.
* Loop load resistance. This is the resistance of the load device that the customer connects to the current loop. The customer must supply this information.
* FL1500 loop burden, specified as “3.6V max @ 25mA”
* The maximum loop current. For the FL1500 the maximum is 25mA.
Please see the attached document for more information.