Can the temperature reading on a sensION+ portable meter be adjusted?
Temperature adjustment on Sension+.
In most cases, if the temperature is not reading accurately it is because a temperature adjustment was made in error and needs to be set back to 0.0. However if an adjustment needs to be made to the temperature reading this can be done with this meter.
- From home press the CAL button (graph button on the left)
- It should read CAL at the top and the parameter should be flashing in the middle
- Press the down arrow until it reads tEn in the middle (flashing)
- Then press CAL
- The next screen should say CAL at the top, 25.0 C in the middle, and CAL1 on the bottom
- Next will be pressing CAL again, and as soon as you do the top will read 25 and the number in the middle will flash.
- Immediately press the up and down arrows to set it to 0 (if not already at 0).
- Alternatively this is where you would put in the offset to a 25 °C reading. For example, if the probe reading is 27.5 °C alongside a NIST certified probe reading 25.0 °C, then the offset would be 2.5.
- After 2 seconds it will automatically change to CAL at the top, 85.0 C in the middle, and CAL 2 at the bottom.
- Next you'll press CAL, and immediately change the flashing number to 0 (if not already 0), or to the offset at 85.0 °C just as before.
- After 2 seconds it will automatically display CAL OK and go back home.