How do you replace the Flo-Tote3’s desiccant?
Flo-Tote3 desiccant replacement procedure.
- Use a slight twisting motion to twist the bottom end-cap until its slots align with the retaining clips.
- Gently remove the end cap by grasping it and pulling it straight out.
- Pour the desiccant beads out of the canister.
- Hold the canister up to the light and inspect the hydrophobic filter.
- If you see a small, dim light spot while looking through the hole, the filter is in good condition. If you see a bright light spot, the filter is probably torn. Replace the filter.
- If the desiccant beads were completely saturated with water or the filter has saturated with water or grease, replace the filter following the procedure found here
- Refill the canister tube with yellow desiccant beads (Catalog Number/ Order Code 8755500). Inspect the O-ring (Catalog Number/ Order Code 5252) on the bottom cap for cracking, pits, or evidence of leakage. Replace if necessary.
- Note: Applying O-ring grease to new or dry O-rings improves the ease of insertion, sealing, and life span of the O-ring.
- Make sure that the O-ring is clean and free of dirt or debris before replacing the end cap.
- Reinstall the end cap.