Is there a way to determine if "chemistry" is the problem in Lachat testing?
Lachat chemistry problems
Work through the questions below to see if chemistry can be eliminated or confirmed:
- Run dye and DI water through the manifold. Is the issue still visible? If so, then it is not a chemistry issue.
- Are other chemistries affected by the issue?
- Is the problem limited to this one channel?
- Does switching channels fix the problem?
- Has the method been modified in any way, such as a different standards range or different digestion (or other sample pretreatment) steps? If the answer is yes, try running the Lachat method as written.
- Is the base line at the same voltage as the support data?
- Are the area counts or peak heights similar to the support data? While the peak sizes are not necessarily going to match the Lachat method support data exactly, they should be similar.