How can the measurement units for Ion Selective Electrodes (ISE) on the sensION™+ benchtop meters be changed?
How to change ISE measurement units on a sensION™+ benchtop meter
When using an Ion Selective Electrode (ISE), the sensION™+ benchtop meters provide the following options for measurement units: mol/l, M, g/l, mg/l, ppm, mmol/l, mM, umol/l, and %. Upon first start up, the meter will default to mol/l. To change these units, proceed with the following steps:
- Select the correct channel the ISE is plugged into (Channel 1 or Channel 2) by selecting the right or left arrow keys (this will toggle the meter between the two different channels)
- The meter defaults to channel 1 for pH and channel 2 for ISE, but to be sure the channel is set up correctly, from the main menu, press the up arrow key and select 'SYSTEM' by hitting the check mark key
- Select 'Measurement Units'
- If the channel is not set to ISE, highlight the proper channel and hit the check mark key
- Change 'Parameter 1' to ISE and 'Parameter 2' to disabled
- After any changes, be sure to scroll down and select 'Save Changes'
- Press the back arrow key twice to go back to the main menu
- On the main menu, scroll down and select 'ISE Calibration' by pressing the check mark key
- Press the up arrow key to get into calibration options
- Scroll down and select 'Units' by hitting the check mark key
- Highlight the desired units and hit the check mark key
- Scroll down and select 'Save Changes'