What is the proper procedure for updating the Firmware on the FL900 from FSData Desktop?
Updating the Firmware on the FL900 using FSData Desktop.
- Connect your computer to the Logger.
- Download all the data you do not want to erase. See "Downloading data from an FL900."
- Save the FL900 program if you want to keep it. See "Saving a Program to a file on the FL900." NOTE: Usually, FSData Desktop saves program and rewrites it to the FL900 after the Firmware is updated. However, to be safe, save the program before updating the firmware.
- On the top left, there is a Hach Logo and then "FSData Desktop". To the right of that is a small triangle. Click on it.
- A box will come up. On the left near the bottom is "Instrument Tools." Click on it.
- This will take you to a page that has 3 Buttons. Click on the button that says "Firmware Update."
- A box will come up with the following information:
- Current Firmware version on FL900 logger, for example "Current Version 1.10."
- The Firmware version on your computer that will be written to the FL900 logger. If you need a newer version, you can download it from HachFlow.com. (See "Downloading Firmware for the FL900").
- The location on your computer where the new Firmware file is located.
- A warning reminding you that you are about to DELETE THE PROGRAM AND ALL DATA currently on the logger.
- If you are ready to update the Firmware, click on "Update." A box will come up warning that you are about to erase everything on the logger. Click "Yes."
- Wait. This takes 3-5 minutes.
- If it takes a lot longer than 5 minutes (say, 15 minutes), remove power to the logger and start over.
- First the new Firmware will be written to the FL900
- Then the FL900 will be rebooted.
- When finished a, a box will come up that says "The firmware update completed successfully."
- You have now updated the Firmware on the FL900.