Why won’t Flo-Ware on my computer talk to the FL900?
Troubleshooting FL900 to computer (with Flo-Ware) communication problems.
- Verify the FL900 has power. Check the batteries, AC power or solar panel power.
- If you are using the USB port on your computer, remove the USB connector from the computer and re-insert it into the USB port. Try another USB port.
- Reboot the logger: Remove power. Wait 5 seconds. Reconnect power to the logger (the reboot takes 3-4 minutes).
- If your cable is an FL900 to laptop cable with an RS232 and a “Serial to USB converter,” you may need a proper Serial to USB converter as all types do not work. We recommend the Sewell SW-1314 (Hach p/n 6249200, or you can order it directly from Sewell).
- If you have an RS232 cable, verify the baud rate is the same on the FL900 and Flo-Ware.
- The Device Driver may be corrupt. Reinstall it:
- Go to Control Panel >> Device Manager >> Ports >> FL-9XX
- Click on it. Does it say, “Device is not working properly?”
- Either way, reinstall the driver. See What software is used to access an FL900 flow sensor? in the section titled “Downloading Flo-Ware.” You only need to download the Driver.
- The logger may have a faulty . If so, it will need to be sent back for repair.
- If you cannot communicate with the FL900, call the Hach Flow Tech Support Line at 800-368-2723 ext 6063 or email us at FlowTechSupport@hach.com.