What is needed to communicate with an FL900?
Required items to communicate with an FL900 using your computer.
- You will need to load software onto your computer. See What software is used to access an FL900 flow sensor?
- There are 3 different versions of the FL900 (FL901, FL902 and FL904), but they all use the exact same communication protocol.
- You will need a Communication Cable.
- FL900 to computer w/ USB, part number 8528300.
- FL900 to computer w/ RS232, part number 8528200.
- This cable must be ordered separately when you order your FL900.
- Connect the Communication Cable into the Comm Port, located to the right of Port 1. Connect the other end to your computer.
- Start the software package.
- See What is the proper procedure for using FSData Desktop to connect with an FL900? or What is the proper procedure for using Flo-Ware to communicate with an FL900?