What is the proper procedure for performing maintenance on the battery compartment O-ring for the FL900 logger?
Performing maintenance on the battery compartment O-ring for the FL900 logger.
- To open the battery compartment, see the “Opening the battery compartment” section of “Changing the internal batteries on the FL900 logger.”
- Take a small screw driver (or similar tool) and gently removed the O-ring.
- Clean out the O-ring groove. This can be done with the screw driver and a paper towel or rag. Use the screw driver to push the paper towel into the groove and then move it completely around the groove.
- Cleaning the O-ring. With one hand, hold a paper towel. Put the O-ring between the paper towel and squeeze. With the other hand, pull the O-ring through so that the paper towel is cleaning the surface.
- Grease the O-ring. Use any standard grease, for example “Super Lube 21030 Synthetic Grease.” Put about ½ tsp of grease on you gloved hand. Pull the O-ring through the grease until it is all smoothly covered.
- Reinsert the O-ring in the groove in the FL900 housing.
- Close the FL900. Screw the cap back on the battery compartment. Screw it on tight enough, but not so tight that it pinches the O-ring.