What is the proper procedure to change the desiccant on the FL900 logger?
Desiccant maintenance on the FL900 Logger.
- The desiccant tube is located in the battery compartment, which is at the bottom of the FL900. It is a small clear tube about 4” long, next to the batteries.
- For instructions on how to open and close the logger, see What is the proper procedure for changing the internal 6v batteries on an FL900 logger?
- At a minimum check the desiccant when the FL900 batteries are changed. The dessicant should be changed when the color has changed. If the desiccant starts orange it should be changed when it becomes green. If the desiccant starts blue or purple, it should be changed when it becomes pink.
- Remove the desiccant tube from its holder. Remove the cap on either end of the tube. Dispose of the desiccant.
- If the tube has moisture in it, dry it out with a paper towel.
- Fill the tube with fresh desiccant.
- Re-insert the tube into its holder.
- The O-ring should be checked. See What is the proper procedure for performing maintenance on the battery compartment O-ring for the FL900 logger?
- Close the FL900 logger. See What is the proper procedure for changing the internal 6v batteries on an FL900 logger? for instructions.