What functionality is lost with the TU5300 sc or TU5400 sc when connected to an sc100 controller?
Description of functionality reduction when a TU5300 sc or TU5400 sc is connected to an sc100 controller.
In general, the TU5300 sc and TU5400 sc can function when connected to an sc100. However, a few pieces of functionality may be lost or reduced. These are:
- During menu operations (e.g. calibration / verification) you have to press a key twice. This is a known bug of the sc100 working with function codes.
- Limited language set: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Netherland, Danish, Swedish, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese
- Limited display space (lines and characters per line). There will be loss of information in some screens (See pictures below; values are different because they were taken with instruments measuring different samples)
- No capability for reminders (e.g. desiccant cartridge exchange)
- No capability to download the service log for further instrument troubleshooting
- Software updates are more complicated due to the sc100's requirement of a data transfer cable