Is there a method to verify Orbisphere Oxygen sensor reads down to minimum detection limit after successful calibration?
Steps to verify Orbisphere oxygen sensor calibration using an oxygen scavenger .
- Fill beaker with enough water to cover sensor membrane. There is no need to fill beaker past the threads for the protection cap.
- If using a granular form, super saturate the water with enough Sodium Sulfite so all the granules do not dissolve immediately. If using a liquid oxygen scavenger, use enough to ensure solution is super saturated.
- Place sensor in solution.
- Sensor should be placed at angle, never with membrane flat down on bottom of beaker.
- Observe reading on display.
- Sensors using 2956A membranes should respond below 10 ppb within about 10 minutes. Other membranes will be slower. Getting all the way down to the minimum detection limit of membrane may take more time (>1 hr). This assumes sensor is reading air saturation levels of approximately 8 ppm prior.