Please see the below information for steps to clean the 2200PCX:
1. Remove the sample line quick-disconnect fitting at the inlet port (bottom) of the NEMA enclosure. Leave the quick-disconnect connected at the top.
2. Insert the cleaning brush up through the bottom flow path as shown in Figure 18. Use a gentle laboratory cleaning solution to enhance the cleaning and lubricate the brush/cell. Gently insert the brush and twirl it as it is being inserted into the bottom fitting. It will bottom out to a stop. Repeat several times, then reconnect the inlet flow connector to flush the cell.
3. Observe the Calibration Fail indicator. The indicator should go off within a few seconds.
4. If the Calibration Fail indicator remains on, perform the stain cleaning procedure below:
- For microbiological (green) growths, flush cell with 30 to 50 mL isopropyl alcohol, and then flush cell with water.
- For red mineral deposits (iron, etc.), flush cell with an iron reducing agent Like RoVer®, and then flush cell with water.
- For calcium (white) deposits, flush cell with vinegar or phosphoric acid, and then flush cell with water
- For purple or black stains (manganese, etc.), flush with a solution of 1/3 water, 1/3 vinegar, and 1/3 hydrogen peroxide (3% strength), and then flush cell with water.