What do the different LuminUltra test kits measure?
What the LuminUltra test kits measure
The results obtained when running LuminUltra test kits are similar in most cases. The differences are summarized below:
- Quench-Gone™ Aqueous (QGA): The QGA test kit measures Cellular ATP (cATP™). cATP represents ATP from living microorganisms in suspension in a fluid and therefore is a direct indication of the planktonic population.
- Quench-Gone™ Organic Modified (QGO-M): The QGO-M also measures Cellular ATP (cATP™).
- QuenchGone21™ Specialty (QG21S): The QG21S Standard test kit measures both Total ATP (tATP) and Dissolved ATP (dATP). tATP is a measure of ATP from both living and dead cells, while dATP is a measure of ATP from only dead cells. These two parameters can be used to calculate Cellular ATP (cATP™) which represents ATP from living microorganisms (and therefore is a direct indication of total living microorganisms), and Biomass Stress Index (BSI™) which represents the stress level experienced by the microbiological population.
- QuenchGone21™ Industrial (QG21I): The QG21I test kit also measures both Total ATP (tATP) and Dissolved ATP (dATP), which can be used to calculate Cellular ATP (cATP™) and Biomass Stress Index (BSI™).
- QuenchGone21™ Wastewater (QG21W): The QG21W test kit also measures both Total ATP (tATP) and Dissolved ATP (dATP). In this case, these results are used to calculate 3 parameters: Cellular ATP (cATP™), Biomass Stress Index (BSI™), and Active Biomass Ratio (ABR) which represents the percentage of bioreactor solids that are active microorganisms. Note that Total Suspended Solids (TSS) data are required to calculate ABR. Customers who use the QuenchGone21™ Advanced Wastewater (QG21W Advanced) test kit can also run Specific Floc-Bulking ATP (s-fbATP™) which represents the quantity of ATP from bulking floc relative to microorganisms, and Specific Attached-Growth ATP (s-agATP™) which represents the ratio of suspended to attached microorganisms in attached-growth processes.
- Deposit & Surface Analysis (DSA): The DSA test kit measures Total ATP (tATP™). When measured on surfaces or in deposits, tATP represents the accumulation of sessile biomass on process equipment and can indicate the presence of or potential for microbial corrosion.